Just some stuff... some good, some bad, some angry, maybe some funny...
- Soup cures all sorts of stuff. I made some homemade lentil soup for lunch, and it has improved my mood, cleared my sinuses, and settled down the buzzy nauseous feeling I had from the 20oz caramel frappe I had for breakfast. I usually drink decaf tea sweetened with Splenda, so a giant caffeinated and sugary hell in a cup hits me like meth.
- My birthday is next week, and I scored a fancy watch, a couple of books, a laptop, and some video games. My wife got a set of dishes and an iPod Nano for my birthday. The dog and cats got new food bowls that match out new dishes, and the cats also got a bed to share. I probably don't need anything for Xmas.
- I'm generally anti-bootleg these days, but my wife has a bootleg of District 9... I don't think I can watch it without being a hypocrite.
- People fucking suck. I'm driving to the gas station this morning, and a car sort of slides in front of me without signaling, drives a half-mile at about 15 miles per hour, and then sort of slides off the road again without signaling... and by "off the road" I mean their passenger side tires in the grass, and most of their car blocking my lane. If I had been in Gray Thunder I would have probably hit them, but I was driving the Mustang and I just couldn't do it.
- Had a weird sort of moment earlier in the week at school. Some punk asshole tried to be a smartass in my direction. I had a flash of anger, and a willingness to open my mouth and say things to him that might have led to a fight. Then I realized that he's a teenager, a child, and my flash of anger went away, replaced with amusement. I said something about him keeping his comments among the other children, and keep his mouth shut when talking to the grown-ups, and that got him pretty quiet pretty quickly. Good times, being an adult.
- Getting back to the soup, there's something deeply offensive about the idea of people not being able to cook for themselves. Lentil soup is lentils, water, chicken broth, salt and pepper, and a can of diced tomatoes. You boil it, then you simmer it, then you eat it. You can salt and pepper a whole chicken, chop up some veggies, and stick it in the oven for a couple of hours and it is the best thing you ever tasted. Just about every super-delicious thing I cook for meals can be reduced to a couple of ingredients and some heat. People who say they can't cook are either lying, lazy, and/or fucking shitty human beings who aren't worth knowing.
- Speaking of people not worth knowing: Republicans.
- My office is messy. That's a sign of my mind being all screwed up and disorganized. It would take 15-20 minutes to clean up, but I can't seem to focus for that long. It makes reading a book, watching a movie, or playing a game sort of difficult. It makes being lazy REALLY EASY!
- Build Your Own Kitty City is the coolest thing ever. It is like a hamster Habitrail, except for cats. Every payday, I go down to Target and buy another component, and attach it to the previous ones. There are scratching posts on it, places to sleep and hide and climb and stuff. My cats are sleeping in it right now, and it is so cute!
Maybe I should take a nap too. Maybe I will be up for playing video games later, and another bowl of soup... nummy!